- Live feeedback: Communication can be recieved in real-time. Students, parents, teachers, staff, and the community can be informed on a variety of issues and events.
- Better than search engines: the ability to instantly recieve feedback is the inherent benefit of using Twitter over other search engines.
- Connections with students: Digital natives can communicate on their level with digital immigrants.
- Connections with parents: Teachers can tweet homework so parents are automatically updated.
- Feedback: You can use Twitter to recieve instant feedback from students. This is a great way to make sure students are on task.
- Twitter apps: There are a variety of twitter apps that are very useful. Check out Leena Rao's blog at http://techcrunch.com/2009/02/19/the-top-20-twitter-applications/ to learn more.
- Classroom of Community Learners: Students and Teachers will be able to follow professionals and find political figures, rocket scientists, colleges, or famous people.
- Tracking: Track a word or phrase to help keep tabs on current event.
What is twitter?